Enrolling with a "Work Only" Social Security Card

This forum is intended as a question and answer forum regarding the new SCSEP data collection system, the use of the SCSEP data collection forms, and related issues.

Moderator: charteroakadmin

Enrolling with a "Work Only" Social Security Card

Postby ahernandezmr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:33 pm

Q: If an applicant has a social security card that states for "work purposes only," can the applicant still be enrolled?
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:28 pm

Re: Enrolling with a "Work Only" Social Security Card

Postby charteroakadmin » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:30 pm

A: Yes. The Social Security Administration issues such cards to people lawfully admitted to the United States on a temporary basis who have DHS authorization to work. Applicants without Social Security cards can also be enrolled if they have adequate proof of the requirements for eligibility. You can contact SCSEP Help if you need to enroll someone without a Social Security card.
Site Admin
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:57 pm

Return to Ask The Experts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest