Documenting Veteran's Status

This forum is intended as a question and answer forum regarding the new SCSEP data collection system, the use of the SCSEP data collection forms, and related issues.

Moderator: charteroakadmin

Documenting Veteran's Status

Postby jeshaw64 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Q: If an applicant has a DD-214 or other officially recognized discharge document for a separation from military service after 1950, do we ALSO need a Self-Attestation Form P25 Veteran (or spouse of a veteran) to be completed by the applicant?
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: Documenting Veteran's Status

Postby charteroakadmin » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:01 am

A: No, you do not need both. The DD-214, an official military discharge form, is the most authoritative form of documentation. Self-attestation is a lesser form of documentation that is allowed in certain situations.
Site Admin
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:57 pm

Return to Ask The Experts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest